Monday, February 7, 2011

Tiny Dancer

Violet started taking ballet classes! She loves finally having a reason to wear her new leotard and slippers. (For weeks now she's been trying to wear them every day, and I'd always make her change. I'm so mean.)


She goes to the Hyde Park School of Ballet. Her dance-mates have such "ballet-ish" names too--there's an Imogen, Evangeline, Sophia, Maxine, and several others I can't think of right now that have fancy dancer names.


She loves to show off her "baby runs," "dinosaur stomps," "froggy leaps," etc.


We think she's pretty cute.


We may not get many more pictures until the recital, because the school has a "dancer's only" policy for their classes. No parents in the room to distract the kids. I'm excited for the recital in May. It's going to be so stinking cute.

4 comments:

  1. that is so cute!! There is nothing cuter than little girls dancing. Kenny's worried I'm going to be on of those parents that lives their dreams through their children by making all my girls be dancers because I secretly wish I would have devoted my life to it...sadly I have zero talent. Hope you're all feeling well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! She looks so cute dancing all around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! What's more adorable than a little girl dancing ballet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Violet looks so dang cute!! That's so fun that she's taking dance!

    ReplyDelete