Violet is having a T.V. day, sadly. (PBS is both lifesaving and disastrous at the same time.) Actually I should go read some more books to her to break it up. Either that or take a nap...hmmm.
Violet's preschool co-op disintegrated when the other two kids started public preschool. We're trying to carry on solo, but it isn't quite as fun for her when it is just us. That's ok. I think she's learning a lot more now though. She can sound out any short-vowel three-letter word, and 75% of the time she'll put it together correctly! It's pretty exciting for me. I also got her another KUMON workbook--the cutting one. This actually was NOT a great idea...she has become even more fascinated with scissors. She's been very busy lately snipping.
She gave her ponies haircuts.
View the carnage:
I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you, baby Rainbow Dash!
![]() |
| But how do you like your buzzed mo-hawk? |
Next item:
![]() |
| She did this WHILE wearing them. Scary. |
She also cut the strap off her backpack, but that is easily imagined and not nearly as graphic. And of course, she snipped a bit more of her own hair. Luckily she never cuts it short.
Anyway, that's my life lately. A sick 10-month-old and a destructive 3-year-old.
Good thing I love them so much.




I love the pony's hair cut! haha ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd poor Luke! I wish I could hold him!
You, my darling Elise, are the mother I wish I was thirteen years ago. You are very wise to take time with your little one, to just lay around...feel lazy, justify a messy house, indulge in eating whatever...and hold your sick baby. Little Vi seems to be thriving..already putting sounds together and praticing her dexterity. ha ha - Keep safe and warm in that crazy little town they call Chicago.
ReplyDeleteSick babies are no fun! I probably let Addie watch too much TV, but I too figure if they're educational it's not too bad, right? It sounds like she's doing awesome with reading! And scissors. I'm not ready to break those out anytime soon! Poor little pony!
ReplyDelete