Wednesday, February 9, 2011

All that snow...

I'm sure you've heard, and seen pictures a-plenty, but for my own recording purposes, last week was the SNOWPOCALYPSE.

Cars were abandoned, people were stranded, school was canceled...it was big.
Lake Shore drive.
Some poor chap forgot to close his truck door:

Our own car got snowed in pretty badly too. Luckily we had all our doors closed.
Our neighbors helped shovel it out. Aren't they nice?
There was no getting out of our parking lot. 

The city basically shut down for about two days. Driving was next to impossible. Here is our street:

They brought in dump trucks to load it all in and take it away. There's really nowhere to put it in the city. I guess we could've built like a million snowmen. That might've taken a bit too long though.

Does anyone love the snow more than this girl? I think not.
Luckily she didn't sink in too deep.
She was cheering yesterday when it started snowing AGAIN. 
And I was weeping on the inside. Or cussing. Whichever you prefer.

We enjoyed the two snow days Dan had off from school. It was fun to have him around. Now that the roads are sort of cleared, we have to go back to normal life. (If you call 2 degree weather "normal.") 
I guess this snow might be around for a while.

At least someone's happy about it.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. I so do not miss that. I'm impressed you only cussed on the inside--I don't know that I'd have that much restraint. :) Good luck on your snowman--or snow families. I'm glad that Violet's having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. I hated Chicago winter. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy cow! I am SO ready for this winter to be over. It's been a bad one, but we sure didn't get near as much snow. hope you guys are staying warm inside!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That's unbelievable! Looks like Vi was having an awesome time.

    ReplyDelete