Only two weeks before finals are over. Two weeks until we fly out to New York for the summer. We (mainly me, since Dan has finals) are trying to pack up some of our junk, clean up our apartment, and find a hotel for the first two nights we're there. And for some reason Priceline.com thinks $50/night is just too low. :) Come on, Mr. Negotiator! I thought you were supposed to give me unbelievable prices! (Any suggestions on how to find a cheap hotel?)
We did find an apartment in Sunnyside (Queens). It is a two-bedroom (phew!), so we won't be going crazy (hopefully). And we were lucky enough to find it for only $1700/month. Yay! So everyone who told us we couldn't find a two-bedroom place for under $2500, we've just proven you wrong. And that $1700 includes all utilities. And there is A/C. And it is furnished. So I'm pretty excited about that. I do wish we could move in right when we get there, but unfortunately we can't move in until June 1st, and we fly in on May 30th (thus the hotel). Luckily "moving in" will just be unpacking a couple suitcases.
We're about to start living in the real world...with a job!
Isn't it nice to think of having an income!?
ReplyDeleteI've never been able to get priceline below $50 until a couple days before. If I can, I wait until 2 or 3 days before we need the hotel and then I've been able to get killer deals. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI can not believe how expensive it is over there. You shouldn't use contractions. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteWeston
Guess what!?! Sean and I are probably moving to NYC for the summer in about 2 weeks! Crazy, huh? He is going to be working with AOL to merge his company with theirs, so we'll probably be living near SoHo where AOL is based. But I'd love to hear about how you like it there! I'll tell you for sure when we get there and we'll have to get together for a play date!
ReplyDelete