Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Victims of Theft

Dan's laptop was stolen today.

This week is finals week for Dan. His first final is tomorrow, so he has been studying like crazy. He was in the law library where he always studies. He went to go warm up his lunch in the microwave downstairs, and when he came back, his laptop was gone. His laptop of only a year and a half. It isn't just the $500 and something bucks spent on the laptop, either. It's everything that was on there. All his notes and outlines from the entire semester--GONE. Plus we had a bunch of personal files and information on there as well. We're not sure how easy it is to hack into a password protected document, or even if the thief would try to access it, but we may need to change all of our passwords for pretty much everything.  And poor Dan doesn't even know how to study for his finals anymore.

Anyway, we just wanted to share our grief so you could commiserate with us.

11 comments:

  1. That seriously is insane! When Jared told me I couldn't believe it. Could it really have been any worse timing? I'm so sorry for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that is awful. I'm really feeling for you guys :( I wish I could say something wise to make you feel better, but all I got is- I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nooooooo! Is there any chance at recovery?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elise-So sorry to hear that. We are living in North Carolina now and our house was robbed at gunpoint a few months ago. Alan's laptop was among the things stolen. It is never fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's terrible. I'm so sorry. That was one of my biggest fears when Jason was in school. Can we help? Do you want Jason's old notes, assuming he took those classes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
    :( :'( :'( :((

    May the god of bird poop look down on your foe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my heck that is awful. Of all the weeks to get stolen too! What a scum bag! I'm so sorry. Good luck to Dan with finals--how in the world will he study?? Hopefully there's some kind classmates or something. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cami--Dan got Jason's notes from one of his classes, and he said he'd email him to see if he took the others. (I think it was Religion & Law and Habeas Corpus). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe that! The heartless people in the world! That is awful. I feel so bad for Dan. Has he been a stress ball? Can he talk with his professors and explain what happened?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so awful!!!!! Poor Dan!!!! I hope his professors give him some slack!

    ReplyDelete