Monday, May 10, 2010

Hair Products

I'm trying to go through everything in my bathroom and get rid of things I don't use before we leave for the summer. And I've decided that it is quite ridiculous how many useless hair products I've bought. For example:
Root booster: Seems identical to hair gel. Only more expensive.
Anti-frizz serum: all it does is make your hair look oily.
Leave-in conditioner: Makes your hair feel weird. 
Detangler: Certainly doesn't work any better than water.
Pre-heat styling treatment: Haven't even tried that. (Luckily this was just a hand-me-down.)
Straightening creme: Makes your hair feel sticky. And it doesn't straighten my hair anyway.
Curl spritzer: Ok, this sort of works. But I think that a watered-down hairspray would do the same thing.

Do any of you have this problem with hair products? Why don't they do what they're supposed to do? So many of them claim results that I can never achieve. Maybe I'm using them wrong, but I don't think so. I think most of them are just bogus. And speaking of bogus, can you really tell a difference in the types of shampoos/conditioners you use? Shampoos for specifically curly hair or straight hair--I can't tell a difference! Or smooth, or volumizing, or extra shiny, etc. Basically I think they're all the same. What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. NO WAY! Some conditioners do nothing for my hair... for instance suave!! and some shampoos dry out my hair so bad. No dollar store shampoo for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get Suave shampoo and conditioner, but I like the way Garnier Fructis conditioner smells and makes my hair feel. Someday I'll convince myself that I can splurge on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well how about the differences in the same brand--for example Herbal Essences for curly hair vs. straight hair. How about that, Barbie? :)

    Maybe I've just never experienced a nice shampoo. I've always done brands like Suave, TreSemme, Fructis, Herbal Essences, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My problem is I get a kick where I think I'm actually going to start trying to do my hair. I buy the cool product use them once or twice and decide I'm too lazy. That's how my cabinet fills up with hair product.

    And I do see a difference between cheap and nice shampoo. But not a difference between the different ones they offer. Curly, Straight, it all gets your hair clean.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's hilarious! It's totally true! I was just thinking I need to go through my bathroom cabinets and get rid of everything I haven't used in the last year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't notice any difference in special kinds! We actually had some curly and straight shampoos....they all seem the same to me...no difference whatsoever ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s. I finally got gmail so I can comment on your blog now...;)

    ReplyDelete