Today Dan had is first writing assignment due. He spent hours on it. All day Saturday he was working on it. He finally got it to where he wanted it--nearly.
This morning he woke up at 5:30 to put the finishing touches on it and print it off. To his astonishment, his laptop wouldn't let him log on. His user account was mysteriously missing, and when he tried to access the file from a guest account, he was told he didn't have "administrator privileges." ?
There wasn't even a place where he could enter in his password. Instead, these jeering words (yes, the lappy was jeering) appeared: "Please enter smart card."
Poor Dan. His assignment was due at 8:00 am. The technical support offices didn't open until 8:30. Now he is writing an appeal to the Dean of the Law School so he can turn in his paper late. His first assignment at law school. What luck.
Oh! It's so sad. I hope that he is able to get the Dean to see things his way.
ReplyDeleteThat happened to me for my final 48 page paper for an anthropology class last semester. I almost hurled myself from the third floor of my Wymount apartment. Tell Dan I feel his pain. And lock the windows.
ReplyDeleteToo bad! That really is horrible. Was he ever able to finally log on to his computer? If you need help next time, I'll volunteer my husband! He's awesome when it comes to computers.
ReplyDeleteCute blogs by the way, all of them:)
sad sad sad I'm sorry that it happened hope he does well on his other assignments:)
ReplyDeleteActually that was camilla who posted that comment hahaha
ReplyDelete