Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Party

To celebrate Violet's birthday, we had a party for her today with all her little friends and their mommies--my friends :).

This was the invitation I made on my computer and printed out on my printer. I just love having a good color printer.


I cooked up a storm, if you can believe that. I made pumpkin-shaped pumpkin cupcakes with cream-cheese icing and orange sprinkles. I made fruit pizza with strawberries, kiwis, bananas, blueberries, and raspberries. I even had blackberries, but there wasn't enough room, sadly. I also made sesame chicken pasta salad, which is one of my favorite dishes. I also had two kinds of cookies, but I didn't make those. I bought them. But, as you can see, it was quite the smorgasbord. It was a bit exhausting.



My lovely friend Saerome Parish brought the drink. It was fabulous--lime sherbet and sprite.

For the record, these were the party-ers: Saerome Parish and her son, Aston; Gina Clive and her daughter, Reese; Mardee Clive and her daughters Cadence & Campbell; Ruth Shumway and her daughter Cecily; Bennet Strong (his mom Niyireth came at the end); LuAnn Oliver and her boys Simon & Jack; and Monica Crews and her son, Hunter came at the end.

I was really lame and didn't have any planned activities. Just lots of balloons. And food. Violet got some lovely gifts. We love having so many fun friends around here!



7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Violet! I am super impressed with all the tasty looking cookery, Elise. Are some of your friends fellow law school widows? At GW there is a Law School Widows club -- an appendage of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society-- that gets together on a weekly basis or something.

    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--what a party! The food was delicious, your house was full of toddlers, and you didn't appear ruffled in the least. It was fun. And don't worry about not planning any activities... can you imagine trying to get that group to come together and pay attention to the same thing? Not even the turtle accomplished that. Anyway, thanks, we had a lot of fun, and we were way impressed with the invitation, food, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are such a good mom! Everything looked so delicious! Jace's birthday is next week and am I throwing him a party? No way. I am such a party pooper!!!! We are just going to take him to the beach and call it good. I am really working on my lazy factor... alas there is always next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Violet! she has grown up so much! I wish I could have been there to celebrate at your party cuz the food looks delicious!! way to go lise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Nice job on all the food. Very impressive. That is a lot of work. And they were even desserts. :) I'm so excited to come see you all! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope Violet had a wonderful birthday! We are sorry that we missed it- we should have bought some plane tickets and flown there for the party-wow-the food itself would have been worth it! But seeing you all would have been so much fun!
    One of these days we will get there. We love all the pictures and the fall background. Keep up the good work Elise! Mom and Dad Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like so much fun! I'm just sad you don't live here so we could've been invited. :( Birthdays are fun. Dallin's was absolutely exhausting, and I didn't do nearly as much as you did. Not much later I found out I was pregnant. That explained a lot! Violet is so adorable. We sure miss you guys! We'll see you in December, right? I'll have to hold out until then... love you!

    ReplyDelete