Potatoes have always been one of my favorite foods. And I do them well, if I do say so myself. Lately I have outdone myself in creating the best mashed potatoes I've ever tried. I invented this recipe, although I'm sure there are plenty others like it. Give it a try:
2 Red Potatoes
2 White Potatoes
1 Sweet Potato
Wash well, cut, boil. (Leave skins on.)
Drain the water out.
Mash potatoes with three tablespoons of butter, 2 oz. cream cheese (or neufchatel for less fat), a pressed clove of garlic (or garlic salt if you have no fresh garlic), and regular salt. Feel free to add more cream cheese if you like :). This yields enough for about four people.
They turn out a lovely pale orange color. Plus, the sweet potato is waaaaay more nutritious than other potatoes, and according to minimal internet research, it is the most nutritious of all vegetables, even though it isn't technically a veggie at all. This is from Wiki: "In 1992, the Center for Science in the Public Interest compared the nutritional value of sweet potatoes to other vegetables. Considering fibre content, complex carbohydrates, protein, vitamins A and C, iron, and calcium, the sweet potato ranked highest in nutritional value."
Seriously, these are amazing. Ask my friends who tried them last night at Recipe Exchange.
P.S. I definitely spoke too soon about this winter being the mildest ever. Now it is 5 degrees outside. Rats.
Looks delicious. I'll have to try them out!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you posted the recipe! They were so so yummy! I hope to make some this weekend.
ReplyDeleteI totally have to agree! These potatoes were awesome!!!! YUMMMMMMM....
ReplyDeleteI'm trying them tonight. Can't wait! Thanks for the recipe.
ReplyDelete