Thursday, November 13, 2008

Magic 8

Another tag, The Magic 8. (from my dear cousin Camille)

8 TV shows I watch: (I don't have TV channels, so I just use the internet and Netflix)
-The Office
-American Idol
-House (I watched this back when I did have TV)
-I used to watch Scrapbook Memories on BYUTV, but I no longer have that, sadly
-Smallville
-One Tree Hill (this is slightly embarrassing...I know, I know, it is silly high school drama)
-I really can't think of anything else

8 Favorite Restaurants:
-Chili's
-Brick Oven
-Subway...yum I just love those sandwiches
-Los Hermanos--especially the drinks!
-Bombay House
-Tucano's, because it is Dan's favorite :) (He just told me to write that)
-Leona's (this is still under trial, as we've only been there once and had pizza; so far, so good)

8 things that happened yesterday:
-Got annoyed at Obama for making all my roads blocked off
-Went to Kickboxing at 6:15 am only to find it was canceled!
-Discovered with my friend that her car had been busted into (someone broke the back small window out). Luckily she didn't have anything in her car, and luckily the car wasn't stolen.
-Drove by myself, at night, in the rain, on a busy highway. Yay for me!
-Bought a violin for my sister (not my money, thank goodness!)
-Looked at the material for my online Jessica Sprague class, "Stories in Hand." It is really cool.
-Watched the latest "Office" episode with Dan
-Ate way too many pieces of the O'Henry bars I made

8 things I'm looking forward to:
-Book Club tonight
-Going shopping on Saturday with my friend Saerome...we have 30% discounts at Gap, Old Navy, and Banana Republic, thanks to our friend Melissa!
-Going to Indiana for Thanksgiving with Quincy and Jen
-Going home for Christmas!
-A potty trained child (I know, this isn't in the immediate future, but I'm thinking 18 months is a GREAT time to potty train Violet...overeager, am I?)
-Violet sleeping through the night
-Dan finishing his first year of law school
-My lame insurance finally paying all the bills from my surgery three months ago

8 things on my wish list:
-A piano
-A microwave...seriously it gets hard to have leftovers when it takes 20 minutes to warm them up in the toaster oven. I might as well make something new! I'll probably buy one next week since I can barely stand it...
And, if I'm being really unrealistic ;),
-A maid to do all my laundry and dishes! (or at least my own washer/dryer and dishwasher)
-Free diapers!
-A Caribbean cruise with Dan
-Hardwood floors (or anything other than this dreadful "brown-with-vomity-white-flecks linoleum/tile hybrid")
-Bathroom counters
-Ample parking wherever I need to go

8 things I love:
-Getting packages in the mail
-Caramel Apples
-Indian Summers
-Traveling
-The smell of pumpkin pie in the oven
-When Violet goes to bed without much fuss
-Foot massages
-When Dan fills up the car with gas so I don't have to

8 things I find extremely unpleasant (I modified this title, because I think I "can stand" pretty much anything:
-Dealing with insurance companies, both car and health
-Debating with people who think I'm a bigot for thinking homosexuality is an abomination
-Talking on the phone with customer service people
-Headaches
-Cold weather combined with wind (This creates the freezing blast of death. Hmmm....why on earth did I move to Chicago? I must be an amazing wife...)

And that is all because my husband is threatening to turn off my computer if I don't come to bed now

No comments:

Post a Comment