Dear Santa,
I know it can be hard to shop for me and Dan, so I decided to give you a list of things we would especially love for Christmas.
Dan:
-This man needs some sweaters. He has a total of one sweater right now (which I gave him last Christmas). It is really cold in Chicago, so a couple sweaters would be ideal. He especially likes the clothes that his mom picks out...she has really good sense of style ;).
-Some speakers for his iPod. They don't have to be that exact kind in the link, but I couldn't find cheaper ones quickly (although I'm sure there are cheaper ones).
-He also thinks we should own the Lord of the Rings movies, so any of those he would love. (Oh, and he has this thing about how DVDs all have to be the widescreen version. He doesn't do fullscreen. Picky picky picky, I know.)
-A warm scarf and gloves
-Dan just told me he wants the movie Newsies.
-Please, do NOT buy Dan any ties even if he tries to tell you he needs them. I'm pretty sure he has like 127, and it is getting out of control.
Me:
-A candy/oil cooking thermometer (I think they go from 0 - 450 degrees Fahrenheit). Those kind that clip on the pot look handy.
-A garlic press
-A pin cushion with pins (I've been using those kind that come in Men's Dress Shirts. Not great).
-The old classic, Monopoly. Isn't that retro edition cool?
-Gift cards are always handy, especially as we'll have to pack everything back to Chicago with us. Favorite stores for Gift Cards: Ikea, Wal-Mart, Target, JoAnn's.
-I just thought of an awesome present. A Clear-Play DVD player so I don't feel bad about watching PG-13 movies :). Actually, they might be way expensive. I don't know for sure.
-The movies "Enchanted" and "Dan in Real Life."
Violet:
-Books. Violet LOVES books. She has probably 12 books so far, but she would love to increase her library :). Whatever books you think are neat for babies, as I know there are millions to choose from. I especially like the Karen Katz books. (Violet has one of those--the Peek-a-Baby book.) Actually, Board Books would be great because she still rips pages sometimes out of regular books.
-We don't have very many clothes for Violet that are size 18 months. Right now she fits just fine in the 12 month size, but in a few months she'll grow out of them. Also, she is growing out of her size 3 infant/toddler shoes, so size 4 shoes would be appreciated as well.
-Of course, Violet loves toys, but we won't be able to fit big bulky things in our suitcases. She really likes musical instrument toys (the tiny keyboards, xylophones, shakers, etc.). Most of those aren't too big. She also already has like 10 stuffed animals somehow, so those aren't needed at all.
Thanks for all the great gifts last year!
-The Roberts Family
P.S. This will undoubtedly be edited in the future when I think of more things. Not that we're greedy, we just want to give you lots of options :).
A PIN CUSHION, Elise?!?! Geez-- I wish you were MY daughter! So easy to please! Stunning. Simply stunning!
ReplyDelete