1. This morning when I got out of bed, I stepped right into the diaper garbage. The cold, gushy substance oozing between my toes was definitely not my favorite way to start the day, but Dan sure laughed at my howl of dismay.
2. Violet's favorite thing to do is write all over her face and clothes with pens. Oh, and she has figured out how to open drawers. And, of course, she has to test the law of gravity with the entire contents of the drawers!
3. We are all "played" out. We have gone to several plays the past couple three months, including "The Jungle Book," "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat," "The Robber Bridegroom," "A Midsummer Night's Dream," "The Miracle Worker," "The Mikado" (last night), and now "Esperanza Rising," (tonight). Dan has had to cram in all of these because he is supposed to turn in his Honors Portfolio on Monday, and he has to have gone to 12 plays, seen 12 foreign films, attended 12 classical concerts, seen 12 museum displays, read 12 classic books, and then 12 of some science stuff. It has been crazy how much we have done. Oh yes, after the play we'll probably be watching another foreign film. That will be two this week. (And the hard thing is that it has to be on a big screen, so we'll have to go up to campus and use an empty auditorium.) Talk about procrastination. But, all in all, it has been fun. And funny.
4. Oh yes. For those aforementioned honors activities, Dan has to turn in two papers for each category, doing a critical analysis of the great work. Since he is working on his thesis, guess who he has recruited to do this for him? Yep. Yours truly. Give another laugh for Dan's procrastination. I'm trying to :).
P.S. In Dan's defense, he has actually done a few of these already. Plus, as his "editor," I am merely "helping" to "formulate" his papers. Man, editors do the majority of the actual writing in the world, and we don't get no respect (Now is where you picture Michael Scott and his sweet-awesome rap song).
Oh my goodness-- Trevor makes me do the same thing. I swear, I have written 92% of all his college papers. Dan owes you BIG time. That is SOOO funny about the diaper squashing -- what a pleasant way to start the day!
ReplyDeleteElise-
ReplyDeleteOh my heavens I stumbled on your blog. I haven't talked to you forever. Your baby girl is adorable. I need to come see you and catch up. Love-Becca Welch