Monday, May 5, 2008

Cinco de Mayo

This morning Dan informed me that in Mexico they don't even celebrate Cinco de Mayo. It is purely a United States tradition. He said it would be like the Mexicans having a Battle of Bunker Hill celebration. Anyway, we enjoyed eating some Mexican food at my cousin Christine's place. I tried to make some Mexican rice, but like many of my attempts to cook something new, it didn't turn out that great. I got the jalapeƱos in there, but that was pretty much the only redeeming quality of the whole dish. Too soggy and not enough salt.

Tomorrow, Dan and I will go separate ways. Since Dan is going on a river rafting trip with his family, Violet and I are going to go to St. George with some of my family. That way Violet and I won't feel too bummed about not being old enough to go river rafting :). We are all excited about our adventures, but since I'm taking the camera you'll probably only get to see pictures of my meanderings in Zion National Park, and none of Dan's doings in Dolores Canyon. I think we're both hoping that we come back with a slightly greater chance of developing skin cancer. Just kidding. Oh, the price of beauty.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting about cinco de mayo...I guess Americans are just always looking for a reason to party! :) Have fun on your trips, I hope Violet loves Zions!

    ReplyDelete