The biggest turn of events this past week is that we are no longer going to UC Berkeley for Law School. We received a call from the University of Chicago on Tuesday, notifying us that Dan was accepted to their Law School, and that they were going to offer us some scholarship money.
So, after ruminating about everything, we have finally decided to abandon our beloved Berkeley and go to Chicago. It is pretty crazy because we had everything figured out at Berkeley--all our finances, where we were going to live--we even knew the bus route that Dan was going to take from our apartment to the law school! Now, we don't know anything except that we have committed to go to Chicago. The deciding factor was that the overall quality of education at Chicago is supposed to be better, even though they don't have quite as good of an IP program that Berkeley does. I am pretty forlorn about the climate change, but I am sure Chicago will be fun nonetheless. I just made Dan promise that we'd get to live in California after law school for at least a couple years to soak up the sunshine we'll be missing out on.
Wow! That is big news! Congrats on that big decision! I've only been to Chicago once, and it is really windy, but there are some really nice places. One of my best friends lives in Naperville and that's beautiful there. Good luck! When do you move?
ReplyDeleteThat is sweet! Now, if only Mayo would give me a call we would only be a few hours away from you.
ReplyDelete-Jonny
I love Chicago!!! Call me and I'll give you the inside scoop on all the cool things to see there (801-616-8480). I'm so jealous that you get to live in my favorite city in the world. (Remember how I was there on my mission?)
ReplyDeleteLove ya fatty :)
Mary, I will definitely give you a call! You should come stay with us if you ever want to visit your mission :)
ReplyDeleteLise Mom asked Liz Fee about it and she said the area is very dangerous and she wants to talk to you about it.
ReplyDelete