Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Halloween 2012

Yes, it is halfway through November. And I'm finally talking about Halloween.

Here is our family snapshot from the ward party. Can you figure out what we were? I thought it was pretty easy, but a LOT of people struggled. Particularly anyone over age 18. Think about it. Carefully. Thoughtfully. (How else do you think if not thoughtfully?!) But don't hurt yourself.

Try to ignore the bat wings behind Dan's head. And imagine wings on the children as theirs are currently hidden.
Ready to go trick or treatin' Halloween night! Our first time taking the kids for regular, door-to-door trick-or-treatin'. We finally met our neighbors. They didn't know what we were supposed to be either.



Luke calls his bag of goodies his "trick-or-treats." Unfortunately for him, most of the candy he got was at least partly chocolate (He doesn't like chocolate. Who doesn't like chocolate?!!). We let the kids choose a piece of their loot for dessert occasionally and he is now out of all non-chocolate items.

The kids had lots of fun and it was great that we didn't have to bundle them up to go outside! We love this fall weather.

So was it that hard to figure out our costumes?

5 comments:

  1. I love that movie, and your costumes are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cute costumes! I love when families do coordinating costumes! (I'm not that good). I knew it was How to train a dragon right away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't understand why everyone had such a hard time. I think it's perfect!! Did you do your own skirt? It's just like Astrid! What cute little dragons they make too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never even seen the movie and I guessed How to Train Your Dragon. Don't worry, half of my friends couldn't figure out Annie. :)

    ReplyDelete