Thursday, August 9, 2012

Summer is for Playing Outside

We've been having lots of fun this summer in Utah. I can't believe it is almost over and we'll soon be moving back to the other side of the country. Annnnnd since I am way behind in documenting our summer, here comes a big picture dump :).

We love swimming in our apartment pool. The kids ask to go there almost as often as they ask to go to Grandma's house. (Both grandmas!)

On June 16th we went to Lakeshore Days' Homecoming Festival. Violet won a fish and named him/her Pat. (She asked us if it was a boy or a girl, and we said "You can choose! Fish are impossible to tell!" This didn't satisfy her, so we told her instead to pick a name that works for a boy AND a girl. Thus...Pat.)

Since we've been living in Salt Lake County, we took the opportunity one evening to have Family Night at Temple Square.

Jennis (my 15-year-old sister) is quite the expert hair-braider these days. She doesn't even need a comb or a brush to do an experiment like this:


Here's Luke on Grandpa Andelin's motorbike:
Isn't he the cutest?

Here we are at the Salt Lake Bees baseball game with Kirton McConkie (the law firm Dan is working at right now).
Dan looks like he is high. High on happiness. Either that or dead tired.
A few weeks ago we went up to the Park City Ski resort (also with Kirton McConkie). During the summer, the ski resort puts on activities such as the Alpine Slide, Coaster, and Zip Line. We didn't get to do the zip line because it was wet from the rain, but we enjoyed the other two attractions.

My favorite was the Coaster:



Dan preferred the Slide:


That night was the first time I left Ivy at home for more than 3 hours. My awesome sister Michelle and her husband Jason babysat for us, and Chelle successfully bottle-fed Ivy! That was a relief.

Luke and Violet have been enjoying time with Grammy and Granddad Roberts, and one night while Dan and   I went to a wedding dinner, they took Luke and Vi up to Bridal Veil Falls. Looks like it was a fun family activity! Too bad we couldn't have been there too.


Also in July we went to the Fiesta Days Rodeo in Spanish Fork. It's a tradition in the Roberts' family.

That was a laaaaaaate night for the kids. We didn't get home till almost midnight.

And on the 26th of July, we celebrated Dan's 28th birthday. He's getting to be an old man. There's even some gray hairs around his ears! He's glad he has three kids to blame them on :).


Last Saturday a few of my sisters and I took down some wallpaper from the 90s in my parents' kitchen and dining room area. It was actually a pretty fun project that was just begging to be done. The stuff above the cabinets was a bit tricky.
My sister Bekah
Also last Saturday was an Earth, Wind, Fire concert that Dan and I went to (again with Kirton McConkie. They have treated us to lots of stuff this summer!) in Park City. Neither of us really knew any of the songs except one. I guess we're a little young for them :). Dan's family was sweet to babysit for us yet again.


And...I think that covers our photographed events. If I don't take pictures I don't remember what we did, so all the other fun stuff we've been doing is slipping into the abyss of forgottenness...

2 comments:

  1. I look like I'm in pain in that picture. haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've been having lots of fun! Cute family!

    ReplyDelete