Thursday, January 19, 2012

Libraries are for Trains

We have a pretty great library a half a mile away. What makes it so great?

Well. It isn't just the books, although we do like books. Sometimes we read books there. Mostly, we just play with trains:

We're not cool enough to have our own train tracks at home, so we go to the library to get our choo-choo time in. Someday we may get our own train track set. Once we are in a more permanent location. (I say that about so many things. An ironing board. A wet-vac. A steamer. A rice-cooker. A wheat-grinder.) I love the look of the wooden ones, but my goodness those trains should stay on the tracks a bit better, shouldn't they? They fall off every time they get pushed down the hill.

Our time with the library trains is pretty much the only time Luke will relinquish his sweaty, chubby-finger grasp on his plastic cow and horse. (I'm secretly-a-lot-but-openly-a-little proud that he hasn't caught on to the Cars and Cars 2 obsession that is so prevalent among toddler boys right now. Yes, Disney, I have kept him out of your commercialized reach.) He takes either his cow or his horse with him wherever we go. Then he'll say "Cow! Bag! Cow! Bag!" meaning, "Here, Mom, keep this cow safely in your purse while I explore something else for a while." I love that he is starting to put words and ideas together. The other day he was jumping on a trampoline and saying "Bouncy-ball! Bouncy-ball!" Yes, Luke, you were bouncing just like a bouncy-ball!




1 comment:

  1. They are so cute! I still secretly plan on setting up Eli and Violet in about 20 years:) We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete