Monday, March 28, 2011

How Many Wipes Does It Take

The other day I was reading the back label on my Member's Mark Formula. It had a price comparison chart for different baby essentials: formula, diapers, wipes. It would estimate how much of each a baby would use per day, and then show you the savings per month if you chose their brand.

Here's the thing. Their estimated number of wipes was 30 per day. For one baby. The other figures seemed normal: 32 oz. formula/day, 6 diapers/day. But 30 wipes?! That's five wipes for one diaper change, by their estimation! (Are you impressed with my math skills? ;) )

Do you want to know how many wipes I use each day? For one baby? More like 5 - 10. 10 being quite generous--allowing for three or four poopy diapers in one day (rare). You'll probably think I'm a cheapskate, but I often rip my wipes in half and use just 1/2 a wipe for a wet diaper. I usually use 2, sometimes 3, for a stinky diaper.

I guess I'm saving 25 wipes per day. Am I weird? How many wipes do you use?

8 comments:

  1. I use between 5 and 8- for 2 kids! But, to be fair, Ethan is basically potty trained now, so I only use them on him if he doesn't make it and needs a bath- I probably use like 10 just on him when that happens. 30 wipes is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crap!!! 30 is a ton! I maybe use like 3 for a poopy and 1 for a wet one. But, really how many poops can a kid have in one day....maybe 2. So I don't use more ten wipes in a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet I use 15-20. But you've inspired me to be more conservative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (You don't know me) but I use 1 wipe per wet diaper, and 3-5 wipes per poopy since the baby has huge runny poops (sorry TMI). But she never has more than 1 a day, and usually goes 3-4 days between each. That's 6-8 wipes on a good day, 11 on a poopy day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use 1-2 wipes for poopy ones + soap and water

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I use about three squares when... jk! hahaha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use about 10 between my two kids. I use the thick Huggies wipes and fold them in half a few times for poopy diapers--probably 2 per messy diaper. (But my kid really does has 3-4 poopy diapers per day). And I use wipes for dirty faces.

    ReplyDelete