Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanks Given

Last week we spent Thanksgiving with my cousin Lindsay and her husband Kenny and their cute family. Lindsay is due in like 8 days with her third child but was so nice to invite us anyway. They are now the closest family around since my brother and sister-in-law moved from Indiana.

Lindsay did most of the work, but here is the feast "we" created:
These were the best rolls ever. No kidding.
Dan looks a bit intimidated by his turkey leg ;)
This is the only picture I was in and I had to steal it from Lindsay!
Banana cream pie, pumpkin cheesecake, Peanut butter pie, pecan pie.
Lindsay's pumpkin cheesecake up close. DELICIOUS.
Thanksgiving night Lindsay and I tried to get some doorbusters at the Toys 'R Us pre-Black Friday sale, but the line to just get in the store was about a mile long, and the temperature was in the twenties, so we just drove home. Friday morning we hit up Wal-Mart at 5 am. I bought a new portable DVD player since our last one (the free one from freecycle) died about six months ago.

Friday afternoon we all (except studious Dan and napping Luke) went to see Tangled. It was super cute. Finally another animated musical! I'm going to buy it when it comes out.

Saturday we drove home, stopping in Springfield, IL for the famous "horseshoe." Dan was in a food coma for the rest of the day. Texas toast, roast beef, and fries on top, drenched in nacho cheese. I thought it was disgusting.

Now we are home trying to get back into the grind of daily life. Thanks to the Westons for hosting us for the Thanksgiving holiday!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! That's nice that you have some family nearby. Those pies look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing as how you took way better pictures than me, I might steal all of yours :). And thank you for not posting that one of you and me...you know the one. Sorry we didn't get you in more of them! I'm so dumb when it comes to pulling out the camera sometimes.
    Glad you guys got to experience the "horseshoe" we'll have to try it out sometime.

    ReplyDelete