Let's be honest. Luke's hair was getting rather long.
The front wasn't that bad.
But the back was very scraggly.
It was time to trim those golden locks.
I had a strange attachment to his baby hair. He seemed too young for a haircut! And I knew that once I trimmed it, it would lose that soft baby feel. But Dan was after me every day to cut it. He said it looked like a mullet. He even went so far as to say it was a white-trash baby hair-do. Fer rude.
Saturday we had an appointment at Sears for family pictures, so I decided that was the day to cut it. (And turns out, we were late for our appointment, they told us too bad so sad and were going to make us wait an hour and a half, so we just left. I was sort of mad, but oh well.)
And so I did it. I cut off his long fine golden hair.
Everyone tells me, "He finally looks like a boy!" I guess that is a good thing.
We took some of our own family pictures at home.
They didn't turn out so well, but at least we can admire Luke's new haircut.
![]() |
| Luke wouldn't look at the camera. |
![]() |
| The "push the button and run" method didn't work out that well. |
![]() |
| Luke also kept trying to grab my earrings. But you can see the hair in back is trimmed. |
![]() |
| Violet got tired of smiling after about two minutes. |
![]() |
| She decided it was easier to smile with her fingers, I guess. |
![]() |
I'm hoping next time we get a bit more cooperation from the kiddos.
(Ha ha. Good one, Lise.)










I can't stop laughing! Violet is hilarious! The best part is that you and Dan were really trying hard and taking it seriously.
ReplyDeleteLove the family pictures! And it was about time you gave Luke a hair cut;)
ReplyDeleteVi makes me laugh. So funny. You guys look so so good.
ReplyDeleteLove the pics! AndI LOVE LOVE your bangs! I am deciding right now whether to take the plunge and get them or not. Soooo tempting. And Luke looks like such a he-man with his new man-do! So cute!
ReplyDelete