This past weekend Dan's brother Ben flew in from D.C. to visit us. We went to Edwardo's for Chicago pizza on Friday night (tastier than Giordano's for sure), and Saturday afternoon we went downtown to see the sites, eat a Chicago hot dog, and get tired walking. Violet wasn't feeling very well, and we (I mean Dan) forgot the umbrella stroller, so Dan and Ben took turns carrying her on their shoulders. I lucked out of that rotation since I'm already carrying one child in my womb :).
Dan packed the diaper bag (they picked me up on the way from a baby shower) and forgot (Have I ever mentioned that my husband is very forgetful?) the camera, so we have no pictures. Shucks. We went to the top of the Hancock tower again and this time I got a big slice of cheesecake. It was still $8.50, but I'd rather pay that much for a dessert than $7.50 for a drink any day.
The rest of our time was spent playing Killer Bunnies, having typing contests (I won, by the way), and watching Ben play with Violet. He left yesterday morning, and last night Violet kept asking, "Where's Ben?" She loves having guests around!
The rest of this week is going to be a long one since Dan started finals today. He has five big whoppers, so hopefully he'll get some sleep this week! I can't wait for spring break to start next Tuesday...
No comments:
Post a Comment