We didn't do anything extravagant for Valentine's Day weekend, but we still had lots of fun.
Friday night we rocked out at the Ward Party (Ice Cream and Dancing!):
Saturday night we went to the Hancock Tower. It was crazy busy. We had plans to eat at the Cheesecake Factory on the bottom floor, but there was like a 3 hour wait or something. We went to the 96th floor Signature Lounge and waited about 30 minutes. There we forked out about $25 for one drink and four small skewers of meat! You really pay through the nose for the view. But it is quite the view (my photo through the window totally does not do it justice, but you get the idea):
Dan and Vi enjoying the $8 Raspberry Fizz:
We were surrounded by couples, and the whole bar/lounge atmosphere was a little bit odd for kids, but it was fun. We hadn't exactly planned on taking Violet, but our babysitting kind of fell through. She loved it though, so I'm glad.
I enjoyed eavesdropping on strangers' conversations. The couple in front of us were talking about a friend who had just had her baby. "She was really young--like 28!" exclaimed the woman. And there I was with my 2-year-old and my largo pregnant belly. I wanted to tell them I was 24, but I restrained myself :).
On Sunday, Dan decorated and made the bed for me.
That's a new bedspread and I love it--BUT some of the flowers kind of look like marijuana. Oops! :)
Sunday night we had a Valentine's Dinner with three other couples from our ward. We had fun playing the newlywed game and laughing at everyone's answers.
Next year, Dan, a night cruise along Lake Michigan would be PERFECT. :)




Sounds like it was a fun day. I'm glad you could enjoy it despite the restaurant and babysitting falling through. :)
ReplyDelete