We were discharged from the hospital yesterday afternoon. Violet has been doing much better. Her fever was still like 101 yesterday, but today I think it finally left for good. Her rash is really calming down on her face. Her legs still look pretty crazy red and purple and welty, but I think they will calm down tomorrow or so.
Dan's mom was sweet to bring Violet some fun toys for the hospital--I think Violet watched her new My Little Pony movie about 17 times! It was great to have stuff to keep her occupied.
We have a follow-up appointment with the pediatrician (Dr. Joseph Johnson--he's great!) on Friday, so we'll see if they found anything new for us from the tests. They want me to leave Violet in the car and go get the doctor from his office when we arrive. I'm not sure if they're still worried about spreading something weird around or if they just don't want to freak out their patients. Hmm.
I hope this has been a good warning to everyone of the risks of the MMR vaccine. Not that I'm against all vaccines, but there are definitely risks that are usually dismissed by doctors. I think the risks of this particular vaccine are just a bit too high for my future babies.
Thank you everyone for your thoughts, comments, prayers, and calls. I was so grateful for the love and concern I felt from everyone during the past few difficult days.
Now I just need to catch up on some dearly missed sleep.
Thank goodness she's on the mend. I found with my kids when they get that sick that the fever comes back in the evenings for several days. So keep the Motrin close.
ReplyDeleteI feel so bad for you and Violet. I hope they can give you some conclusive answer.
My goodness, what a vacation. . . not! I was dying when I saw the pictures of poor Violet. She (and you) must have been just miserable. Sooo sorry and hope something is figured out.
ReplyDeleteI just read what happened! I'm so sorry! It makes me so sad to see her and read what happened! You're all in our prayers and I hope she continues to do better.
ReplyDeleteI'm just tuning in to this whole thing. Oh my goodness!!! That is crazy. Vaccines make me so nervous. I'm not anti-vaccine either, but I am cautious about them. I want to wait until Jiles is a lot older before giving him them. And then only one at a time. When I took Ezra in about 6 months ago, they wanted to give him 5 at once! Too much for a little body.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear that she is doing better. Poor sweet little thing!
Elise, we were moving for the past week and I haven't checked any of our usual blog. I can't believe all that you, Dan and poor Violet have been going through. I'm glad to hear she is getting better--our thoughts and prayers will be with you.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness!! I am so happy she's OK! Yeah-- I don't think such a tiny body should get so many vaccines at once. Scary! I'm glad she's on the mend.
ReplyDelete