Friday, March 27, 2009

More on The Potty

So potty training is not going that well. We finally got a mini potty instead of just the potty seat insert, but I don't think it is helping that much. Violet did so great the first day, but now I think she just lacks interest--she doesn't care! Oh well. Dan won't let me give up yet, but he goes back to school on Monday, so we'll see what happens.

Violet does get excited when she sees her parents going potty. If she sees one of us on the toilet she'll run over and start clapping. It's nice that the little things we do are so appreciated and recognized...

We've lost one pair of panties so far: Dan accidentally flushed them down the toilet while rinsing them out. Luckily our industrial-style toilets can't be clogged. It's one of the wonderful things about our apartment.

Yesterday during her nap she said "kuh-kuh" in her sleep--I think she was having a nightmare about having an accident.

She did wake me up this morning with her panties in hand. "Panties?" she said, holding them up to me. I thought it was adorable, but I also inwardly groaned: another day of rinsing out panties...

4 comments:

  1. You'll have to let me know which one you like better-the mini potty or the seat insert. I think I would hate the mini potty just cuz you have to clean it out every time, but they also can't sit on the insert seat without help, and it's not their own little thing to get excited about. Obviously I haven't tried either, but let me know what you think works better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it's not going great, but way to stay committed. Keep updating because I have been wondering how it is going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a nanny for a family when I was fifteen and was in charge of potty training one of their kids. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do, and I wasn't too successful. Good luck with that! Also, Elise, i haven't talked to Andrea R. for a long time. I never was able to reach her last year when i last talked to you about lia Sophia. Thanks for the reminder, as I have forgotten about it. Sorry!! I will let you know what I find out. Thanks for being patient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a booklet that I thought was really good that I paid $24 for. Someone should use it. It is one my computer and I don't think I can email it, but if you'd like to print it you are more than welcome. It is basically a PT boot camp...it is only supposed to take 3 days. It is what I will use when I am ready to train Simon.

    ReplyDelete