A couple Saturdays ago we took the kids downtown and walked through the Historic American Tobacco district. There is this long waterway that runs through it that the kids enjoyed. My pictures weren't all that successful, but it was a great photography learning day for me because I made so many mistakes. First I forgot to change the white balance which was manually set on Tungsten, so there are some blue blue pictures. (And I no longer have Photoshop anymore to easily fix that. I'm stuck with photobucket's online tools.) Then another time I forgot to switch the focus back from manual to automatic, so there are some blurry ones too. But I am learning, so that is good! As for the layout, the pictures keep jumping all over the place and I'm giving up on trying to arrange them nicely.
 |
| Burt's Bees office. Did you know Burt invented his lip balm in Durham? |
One of our favorite finds was a free arcade room in the basement of one of the buildings.
It was awesome! I played Pacman a few times :).
Afterward we ate at The Mellow Mushroom. They have some seriously great pizza, folks.
Best I've found out here for sure. Even better than Brick Oven.
Anyway, there's a little taste of downtown Durham. We love that there is free parking here :).
No comments:
Post a Comment