Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Toilet Tales

There was this one time, not so long ago, when Luke decided to play in the toilet. Last Sunday after church, to be precise.

Unfortunately for him, and for me, his big sister had recently gone #2 in that particular toilet, and forgotten to flush.

Luke was undoubtedly curious as to what those things floating in the water were, and so he decided to see for himself and explore their mystery.

You can guess what happened next.

I found him, just minutes later, with a nasty-smelling substance all over his face. And his hands. I cleaned him up, cleaned the bathroom up, cleaned the wall up, the rug, the ball he had touched, etc. Many, many Lysol Disinfecting Wipes later, I put Luke down for a nap.

But this gross story is not over yet.

After he awoke, Luke then proceeded to have FIVE episodes of vomiting, spaced throughout the next three hours.

I'm very grateful he got it all out of his system. But I'm hoping he learned one of the fundamental lessons of life:  
POO IS NOT FOR EATING.

8 comments:

  1. That story is turning my stomach, but it will be a good one to tease him about the rest of his life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh!! That is sadly really funny but sad... i am just waiting for something like that to happen to JJ. He loves the toilet, as you already know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After a long day at the hospital I needed a good laugh! Thank you Luke!

    ReplyDelete
  4. eww eww and eww. Poor Luke! Learning that one the hard way!! (and poor you too, that's just gross)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ellen (you know, our cousin) told a VERY similar story a few years ago. So very nasty! Oh and LaDawn has some pretty amazing poo tales too. What joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh YUCK! And funny too but I'm sure you weren't laughing. Humm...our cousins have bad poo stories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Opps this is Charity not Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no words to describe how horrified I feel right now after just reading that. Wow. Wow. I just can't even imagine....wow. So sorry!!!!! I will not complain about pouring water all over the bathroom floor anymore!!

    ReplyDelete