Thursday, April 21, 2011

Short Vowel Words: Matching Game 1

Continuing in the spirit of sharing, I've decided to post a worksheet I made for Violet. Nothing amazing, but Violet had fun doing it and she got to practice all of the short vowel sounds. I searched for sheets like this, but all the preschool ones had pictures by the words! Isn't that kind of missing the point of getting them to read the words?!

You could even teach your child that all the words on the left are nouns, and all the words on the right are verbs. Yeah, I actually didn't do that. I don't think she's quite ready for grammar yet... ;)

If any of you are interested in what I'm doing with Violet for preschool, let me know and I'll post more. (Great timing, I know--school is about done for the year. Oh well!)

5 comments:

  1. You make depressed... I'll never be able to home school =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thanks for sharing, Lise. I'm definitely going to be printing out that job chart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such great ideas! I will have to make copies of these things so I can use them this summer. You are an awesome mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elise, I hate to break it to you, but most pre-schoolers can't read. Heck, most kinder/1st graders can't read without picture support. :) Heavens, I can't tell you how many 2nd graders I worked on short vowel sounds with all of last year! I love what you're doing though. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to have these. We are using Hooked on Phonics for Simon and he is doing really well with it. But I don't believe he could learn with any less structure. I agree with you on the picture thing. If Simon has a picture he won't even try to read a word. We'll see how he does with this. He is only reading 3 letter words and hasn't been through all the vowels yet so we'll see how he does. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete