Sunday, October 17, 2010

Birthday Bash

My little girl is three. She seems so grown up I can't believe it.

This whole week she was so excited about her party. Every day she would ask, "Is today my birtday party?" Finally, Saturday came. I think the party was quite a success.

{Pictures courtesy of my friend Lisa. She is awesome and just offered to snap some pictures of the party and of course, did a great job.}
Here is the food I made.

Did you see those cupcakes?

Brought to you by yours truly. I can do anything with YouTube to help me ;). 
(Actually they were super easy. The petals are just mini marshmallows cut in half and dipped in colored sugar. 
Frosting is too intimidating for me, so I opted for something more fool-proof.)

Here is the caterpillar cake. Dan helped.
(Can you tell I felt guilty for doing absolutely nothing last year for her?)

Here's my birthday girl, wearing her new outfit from Grammy Roberts.

Here are the guests. (The ones we could coax into sitting down for ten seconds. No, actually we're only missing one.)
Violet is third from the left.

Here is our professional, very expensive, balloon man.
(Available for hire.)

He's got mad skills now.
(Notice the awesome shirt.)

Luke enjoyed being held by various females throughout the day.

Blowing out the candles.
(There are three candles in there, despite what it looks like.)

It took three blows, and help from Hunter ;).

Violet chose the head.


Nicholas looks especially delighted with the cake. :)
(He's the one in red, next to Violet.)

Opening presents.

Luke got all tuckered out during the festivities.
(This is my friend Natalia from Moldova.)

Violet tried to play with as many presents as possible ;).

The real fun began when we busted out the pinata.

The kids took turns hitting it with a stick, which apparently did nothing to weaken this bunny.

That bunny did have quite the evil face.

Then we tried a real bat.

Still we had to recruit some adult help on this.


After about a half an hour, I think we got all the candy out.

Violet thought the whole thing was a smashing success. ;)

Happy Birthday, Violet! We are so lucky to have you as a part of our family.

8 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I love the cupcakes! They look way better than some (of the same kind) I tried to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Violet! Looks like it was quite the party!

    Did Dan learn his balloon skills on his mission? That's where Josh learned how to make balloon animals, so he said the same people probably taught them both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elise I am totally impressed with your cupcake skills! Seriously! It all looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun!! Happy Birthday Violet! You sure know how to throw a party Lise! :) We missed you this weekend, but I'm glad you guys had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks pretty sweet. What yum food! Good job on your cupcakes they are way cute. Violet looks like she had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's so cute! You did an awesome job on the party! Especially that food! WOw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun! How is she 3 years old??? Great job on the cupcakes and cake. We miss you guys and playing on the second floor!

    ReplyDelete