Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Met

Last week there was a big museum bash along "Museum Mile." All the museums along Central Park were free! I took the kids on the Subway and met Dan after his work. We went to The Metropolitan Museum of Art and wandered around for a while.

Actually, it was a very short while. Two-year-olds don't really get into paintings. Even Dan and I had a hard time after five rooms of Picasso! We like art... but are we totally lame and uncultured if we don't absolutely love Picasso? (They had a special Picasso exhibit going on...)

Dan was telling me about the other time he went to The Met when he was about ten years old. He got to go on a business trip with his Dad to NYC. Walking through and seeing all the pictures made him to wonder (in horror), "Does my dad know about all the naked women in here?!!!" We both laughed at that :).

I had also been before, when I was 14. I went to NYC with my fabulous cousins, Joanna, Shirley, Ramona, Ellen, and Jenet. I barely even remember The Met! Oh well :).

Here are some pics from our most recent trip:



Violet enjoyed making her own art much more. Free sidewalk chalk!

3 comments:

  1. Look at all the fun you're having! I'm so glad this is a exciting adventure for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - what an adventure! I have blog envy of your metropolitan NYC life right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're posting about all the cool stuff you get to do! It makes Logan feel like a totally lame place to live, but that's okay. You are totally the cutest mom ever. That pic of you is just so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete