They all warned me about it. "They" being Moms of Boys. MOBs. (That's a cool acronym, no? I just invented it.) They told me about the squirts of pee that shoot up into the air the second you pop open the diaper, spraying everything and anything within ten feet. Okay, maybe just five feet. But they warned me. And yet, I forgot. It's happened twice so far. Once to me, and once to Dan's mom (and she had six boys and still got shot!). She got it far worse though, so I feel lucky :). Her shirt was soaked! You wouldn't think a one-week-old baby could have that big of a bladder.
Dan and I both agree: Boy diaper changes are more difficult than girl diaper changes, but also more humorous :).
Haha! Have you ever heard of Pee Pee Teepees? They are cute little cones to put over him so you don't get soaked. I bet you could even sew some. With my boys I just would put a wet wipe over their boy part as soon as I took off the diaper and let them squirt into that before I gave them a clean one. It worked pretty well, but I still got shot a few times! Good luck staying dry! :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on being christened! Parker was a sprayer--and no one told me about pointing his little man parts down either so we did a lot of laundry those first few weeks. Samuel, on the other hand, got me for the FIRST time about 2 weeks ago. Makes me wonder if he did it to be funny.
ReplyDeletehahaha I was just warning Kim about the same thing. I told her that it's a boy thing, it just happens! Is your mom there yet?
ReplyDelete