Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring Cleaning

Yesterday our apartment was part of the "housing tour" for the BYU students who had come for U of Chicago's Admitted Students Weekend.

Therefore, my afternoon was filled with lots of cleaning, scrubbing, and even window washing. It was a really good thing for us to finally clean our apartment from top to bottom. I usually just pick up the family room when we have guests, but I was forced to clean places like my closet, under the desks, and even the things peeking out from under the bed. So, to celebrate this spring cleaning, I took some pictures of our apartment. I was going to take pictures of it ever since we moved in, but of course, I never really had it clean enough. It still isn't perfect, but it's probably as close as it will ever get...so, here are a few pictures.













So, there you have it: our little apartment in a great big city. (Actually, our apartment is pretty big--around 1300 sq. ft.)

Someday maybe my family will actually see it in person...

12 comments:

  1. Hi! Sorry it took so long, but I finally realized we had a new comment on our blog.
    First of all, your apartment is adorable; I'm pretty jealous of your music corner. And yep, we're super excited about living in paradise for a few weeks. If you get the chance you should come and visit :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your apartment is huge! It is but 100 sq ft smaller than our first home. It looks great. You've done a great job decorating. I love the light thing btwn the family room and kitchen (ikea?). We have the same black circle chair (which I think I've said before), bamboo (i kill every other plant...but not bamboo), and flower wall light. Doesn't it feel so great to have everything spotless? (what DOES that feel like, anyway?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for picking up on that last minute. If I thought I was asking you to do that much work I would have thought twice. I just figured your place is always clean since it is whenever I come (except after Simon has been there of course). All I was going to do was pick up the toys, hide the laundry and make the bed. But I'm sure your apartment was much more attractive and will entice folks to become a Picadilly family. I might have driven them away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done some cute things in your apartment! I can't believe you have a craft desk in Violet's room. I wish I had a place to set up for crafts...but I would never dare do it in the kids' room! It looks like Ikea did you guys well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen it in person. What, I don't count as your family?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is that purple book Dan is reading?

    Haha, your blog is on the computer screen. That's like those one pictures that never end because they are a picture of what you are looking at. Anyway, you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cute house! I am family too and we will come visit since we are going to be living in the same state! How cool is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it's so wonderful, and such a great use of space! I love your computer nook and you wonderful pot hangers. Where did you get those? Oh how I love it. You are a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melinda-the pot hangers are from IKEA--my most favorite store :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Chelle, the purple book Dan is reading is Fablehaven #4 :).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your place, its really cute :)

    ReplyDelete