This post may be less interesting for the non-grandparent readers.
Progress:
New words: "Pop!" (popcorn); "Appochutch" (applesauce); "cowt" (carrot); "toat" (coat)
Verbalizing "please" instead of just signing it
Running around after me saying "Up, Mommay!" (she used to like calling me daddy...I have no idea why. Maybe I look like a man?)
She now points to head, shoulders, knees, toes, elbows, eyes, ears, mouth, nose, hair, chin, neck, belly button, feet, and cheeks, on demand. We're running out of anatomy to teach her!
When we ask her how old she is she says "one!" and holds up her finger.
Spoon-feeding herself without making a complete disaster (throwing the bowl or dumping it on her head--she still spills plenty). Okay, I take that back. She just threw her bowl on the floor.
Regress:
I kid you not, Violet woke up SEVEN times last night. Ugh. I hope this is not a pattern.
She has also learned a new trick to delay going to bed. It is called vomiting. She has now done it three times in the past week. The first time I of course thought she was ill. She threw up quite a bit all over her bed after she'd been crying just for a couple minutes! After the third episode (last night), I realized this is either an involuntary reaction to her crying or a premeditated ploy to keep us in there by her side. We usually stay in her bedroom with her for a few minutes patting her back and helping her fall asleep before we try to sneak away. Sometimes she sees us sneaking away and she gets a bit upset. This is what brings on the vomiting. That of course leads to changing sheets, changing pajamas, wiping up the floor/bed/whatever needs it, etc. I seriously am wondering if she does it on purpose, because last night she had barely started crying...maybe for like 60 seconds, and then, hurl. Have any of your kids done this? It really is no fun for da mommy. Advice here is welcome.
Uh, does she have molars? Cadence became a monster when her molars came in. She was up all night, she was crazy during the day...you might want to try giving her motrin if she is up in the night again...as for the barfing...put the kid in drama class!
ReplyDeleteOh yikes. I have no idea what to say besides, I'm sorry. You poor mother. I would say poor violet, but this is something I have never heard of before. Oh I hope you get through it. On the bright side, what a smart little girl--already knows how to manipulate her parents! The words are awesome too. Way to go Violet!
ReplyDelete