Tuesday, September 9, 2008

We Are Really Doing This...

Today is the day we depart from our beloved Utah. We are both so excited for our new adventure! Yesterday was pretty crazy trying to fit all of our stuff into our tiny little 4x4x8 trailer, but we actually did it! I can't believe how much stuff crammed in there! We thought we would have to leave either our rocking chair, coffee table, bookshelf, or tv, but we fit all of that in there and more. It was a pretty complicated puzzle fitting everything together. Now if everything will just stay nicely in place and safely avoid bumps. My current nightmare is that we'll get there, open the trailer, and everything will be broken. My fingers are crossed...

We also have a ton of stuff jammed into our car...it gets pretty crowded when you are hauling 4 instruments (mandolin, violin, guitar, and banjo) and I don't want any of them to get overheated. Not to mention (okay, I'll mention) they are keeping company with a sewing machine, our big desktop computer (my beloved iMac--worth probably more than all the rest of our stuff put together), a printer, a couple strollers, and who knows what else is in each nook and cranny in the trunk or the backseat. Hopefully we have room for our baby...just kidding.

Anyway, we are hoping to leave at about 10 am. We have a few last-minute errands to run and a couple more goodbyes. Last night we said most of our goodbyes, and, of course, I looked terrific in my glasses, without makeup, and sweaty from all the moving. Not exactly the memory I wanted to leave, but, what can you do. Grin and bear it. Hope that everyone's eyesight is bad.

Wish us luck.

5 comments:

  1. good luck on your new adventure! hopefully it will be a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh the joys of packing up and moving! hope you get there safe and sound. Don't wait too long to update with pictures of your new place! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! Really, I'm excited for the day when we do the same thing. You guys will have a blast and lots of memories on your new adventure. Good luck. I hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elise you're gorgeous and you have a beautiful family! I hope we can meet you out in Chicago next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dan and Elise you little darlings. I can't help but be a little jealous of your new adventures.
    I, myself lack the confidence to leave the comforts of home and family, so I’ll live vicariously through you. I am so impressed with both of you. Go team Roberts! Give Violet a squeeze and tell her Aunt Hilary loves her. I wish you all the best and we will include you in our family prayers.

    ReplyDelete