The night of the third, Dan and some of my cousins had fun strapping fireworks to toy tanks and then watching them explode. Here's Dan with one of his creations:
In the morning, we woke up and went to the Freedom Festival Parade. The one good thing about our apartment is that it is just two blocks from the parade route--we can even hear the announcers from inside our house. We jogged over to the parade and watched it for about 40 minutes. Violet didn't seem all that interested in most of it, but I think she liked the marching bands. Dan thinks small town parades are more fun because they have more candy...we didn't get any candy at our "big town" parade :).
In the afternoon we got some KFC and drove up Provo canyon to have a picnic. I was a bit annoyed at the KFC workers--they didn't include utensils or napkins, and they gave us two orders of mashed potatoes instead of potato wedges.
Dan tried to get Violet to wade in the stream with him, but the frigid water made her pretty upset.
We took a few family pictures and a TON of Violet in her little patriotic outfit (gotta love Walmart's $5 outfits!). I made the bow myself!
My favorite pictures were where she was giving "kisses:"
Daddy and Violet having fun clapping their hands:
In the evening we dropped Violet off at my parents' place, and then we headed over to the Stadium of Fire. My cousin Jake Miller had given extra tickets to me, Dan, and my brother Nate. We had fun sitting with our cousins and pretending to really dig Hannah Montana.
The best part was, of course, the fireworks.
Hey I hope you both of you get a chance to check your comments. Meg and I didn't know you had a blog until Stephen told us about it. Your pictures are great. Violet is the cutest! Looks like things are going well from the pictures. Boy does Meg miss all those American things, fireworks, 4th of July, hotdogs, Americans! We are having the experience of our life over here in Korea though. If you have a second check out Meg's blog she put together with pics of Korea. daveandmegclark@blogspot.com. What school did you both decide on? When do you leave? We get back to Utah Aug. 14 and we are always up for another BBQ if there is time.
ReplyDeleteDave and Meg
Hey you guys! Welcome to our blog!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great Independence Day, I too love the Fourth. Ironically enough, even though I've lived in Utah going on 6 years now, I've only been to the Stadium of Fire once and that was more than 12 years ago. It's definitely something I want to do sometime. But Boston was great for the Fourth.
ReplyDelete