Thursday, June 26, 2008

Saddle Sore

Tuesday morning we went on the annual cattle drive with Dan's family. My dad and sister-in-law Katia came as well. If you've never done a cattle drive or cattle roundup, you are indeed missing out. The hours on horseback in the beautiful mountains amidst dozens of bellowing cows (which I personally find hilarious in their distress) adds up to an amazing experience. Plus, I get to see my husband in his most natural element. And, he is at his hottest in a cowboy hat.


While atop my horse, I dropped my camera on the ground. Before all these cows came trampling through.



Miraculously, not a one of the beasts stepped on it and I was able to find it without any difficulty.

Dan and I also got attacked by some tree branches--he got poked in the eye and I got my earring yanked out--but we survived without too much damage. Violet rode up in Grandma Roberts' car, and she sure had fun looking at the horses. Doesn't she look tiny up there?


Last year on the cattle drive I was about six months pregnant and thus got very saddle sore. This year was a lot more comfortable, but being in the saddle for a few hours still has its effects!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you went on a cattle drive 6 months pregnant. It just seems so entirely uncomfortable. But I guess I was still playing soccer that far along. You go Elise!
    Are you getting excited for Chicago? Packin' the parkas?
    oh, and, mmm mmm nutella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so fun. Violet is adorable. Who is holding her up and crouched hiding behind the horse? Dan? Lucky about your camera. I am trying to update my blog, but I always run out of time. Maybe tonight. See ya in about a month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie--I guess I was closer to five months preggers...but it was uncomfortable :)

    Chelle--That is Dan behind the horse. He wanted to make it look like she was up there by herself...maybe I'll photoshop his legs out. :)

    ReplyDelete