Well, I thought I would add a few more words.
The real reason I came here to blog to you all is to tell you that no more than 15 minutes ago Violet ate her first spoonfuls of real baby food. Lise chose the flavor, something squash, like "strange squash" or "silly squash." As soon as the first spoonfuls were within two inches of Violet's face she opened her mouth and dove towards the spoon. She didn't even make any faces until after the fourth spoonful, when she closed her eyes and gave a funny shudder. When she opened her eyes she attacked the spoon again with a smile, but as soon as she realized that it was the same stuff as the last spoonful she made the exact same closed-eye shudder. She reluctantly accepted one more spoonful, but that was the last one she would open up for. Lise and I think that it was pretty good for a first showing, especially since we are just doing it to get her used to the idea of being spoon-fed strange tasting food with names like "silly squash."
Well, that's all folks. For now. I will be sure to put my next blog post on the blog so you can all read it.
Hahaha! She sounds adorable!! You guys should take a little video of her eating it and post it for us all to enjoy; she is toooooo cute!!!!
ReplyDelete