Monday, January 28, 2008

The New Stellar

There are so many things I keep forgetting to write about. Here is a summary of some of the events the past couple weeks.

1. Fourwheeling! Two weeks ago, Dan and I went out to his parents' ranch in Lakeshore to go sledding. Our favorite way to sled is to tie a sled on the back of a fourwheeler and take turns pulling the other person around :). Well, fourwheeling was so fun that we ended up just doing that! We drove the fourwheelers way back on their land--clear out to Utah Lake. Then we drove around ON the lake. I have never had so much fun on a fourwheeler before! Slip-sliding around on the ice under the snow was a blast! Here are some pictures on the way down to the lake:







Dan














Elise

















On the bird look out







We decided our fourwheeling event was the ultimate fun thing that we've done since Violet was born. We are excited to do it again before the lake melts. (Although fourwheeling on ice sounded dangerous to me, the danger is quite low because we only go on the swampy part of the lake where the water is only about 2 feet deep when melted. Fear not for our safety!)

2. Intramurals. They are back. Dan is on a basketball team and his team had their first game last Tuesday. Unfortunately, Dan sprained his ankle. Not bad, but he'll have to miss the next game. Basketball games are my favorite games to watch. Oh so much more interesting than football and soccer.

3. I hosted my first playgroup last Tuesday. It was a bit stressful for me, and it was probably not the most successful thing I've ever hosted, but that's okay. It made us clean our house! Although, embarrassingly enough, during the playgroup I moved our coffee table so as to have more room for the kiddies, and Lo and Behold! A hammer, a hard drive, and a needle were all there, gaping up at the shocked mothers who I'm sure feared for the safety of their wee babes. That was slightly embarrassing.

4. Some new home decor. That's right! I spent some bucks on making our living room look a little better, notwithstanding the ugly carpet and the ancient, crusty sectional. I bought a pretty, silver lamp (storing the ugly gold and beige one that came with the apartment in the shed out back), hung our new family pictures on the wall, hooked up our new digital picture frame (our Christmas present from Mike & Jess--thanks, guys!), and got this cool wrought-iron double-shelf wall hanging. Baby steps, but progress!

5. I left my heart in San Fransisco! That's right. Dan got admitted to Berkeley School of Law! He found out just this past Saturday morning. They are the #1 in Intellectual Property Law programs, and as that is what Dan is going into, there is a good chance that this will be the school for us. They are buying Dan a plane ticket to go to their Admitted Students Day in April, and he is very excited for that already.

Anyway, that sums up some of the things we've done lately!

7 comments:

  1. Lise, I am so excited you guys are going to San Fransisco! Guess what--we might move there too! It is top on our list of bases, so we're keeping our fingers crossed. We don't find out until Feb. 22 for sure, but wouldn't that be SO STINKING FUN to live in the same city?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph! That would be so great! It isn't for sure yet for us, but it is our top choice right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elise! What a cute mommy! I knew you were pregnant a while ago, but I didn't know you had the baby already! She is adorable. And I LOVE the name Violet! Where do you and Dan live these days? It would be fun to see you again and to meet each other's babies! My little boy Peter is 6 months old. You can see my blog at catherineannahess.blogspot.com. I found your blog from Traci Brown's blog! It is fun to see how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on Berkeley Danny! How's your ankle?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 4-wheeling looks like so much fun! ALso way to go on Berkeley! That's way exciting. I'm proud of you for hosting a play group--sounds like a lot of fun. Is it just girls from your ward? You should take pictures of your newly decorated/remodeled living room :). Sounds way cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to come over and see your new decorations. What's your next Netflix? :)

    ReplyDelete