Another event this week was Violet's first time going to one of Dan's soccer games! Thankfully it was indoors, or else it would've been too cold and too dark for both of us. It was the first tournament game they had, and luckily they won. Dan's mom and brother Sam also went (although we know that his mom was really there to see her granddaughter, not Dan :)), so it was fun to see them. After the game they took us to La Dolce Vita for a great Italian dinner. Violet wasn't quite as quiet this time eating out, unfortunately, and I had to take her out to the car to calm her down. After that rough start, however, she did great.
This week I pulled my sewing machine out for the first time in our married lives, and managed to...get ready, everyone... sew a piece of elastic together to make a headband for Violet! I know, quite the feat (almost a half an inch of sewing, Elise!), but taking baby steps is always the way to go ;). Unfortunately, I couldn't even finish the headband, because I couldn't find a regular needle with which to sew the fabric rose on. However, I still wanted to take pictures with the headband, so I just got some tape and VOILA! The rose is attached! You can see the tape in these lovely pictures if you look closely (except the ones I photoshopped).
With those pictures I took advantage of my "new mom" offer from shutterfly for 25 free birth announcements. Like every "free" deal, there was shipping and handling--$5 for something that can't cost more than one buck to send. Oh well. So I await the pictures in the mail. (Speaking of waiting for pictures, I'm also expecting an order from winkflash in the mail, and I'll let you know who does a better printing job--winkflash or shutterfly. I have yet to compare with snapfish.) One of these days I'll take Violet to an actual photo studio for her real infant pictures :).
She is growing so fast I can hardly believe it. This week she has started smiling so much! Real smiles, by the way--not just the smiles in her sleep. I caught some half smiles on film even, as you can see. She is so much fun. My favorite moment this week I think was when I woke up in the night with her snuggling up to my back, trying to eat it! I don't know if I'll ever be able to move her to her own bed...I'll miss her too much at night!
Cute pictures. :)I need to come see you. I didn't even get to hold Violet yesterday.
ReplyDeleteI love all the photos and it's fun reading all about the latest updates. I miss you guys...especially Violet. She is growing up fast! I can't wait to see her at Christmas time.
ReplyDeleteYay! Jess I'm glad that you have a blog now! It will be fun keeping up with what you're doing in Hawaii!
ReplyDeleteLise, I also would kill for a Cricut machine. But same as you--I can't yet figure out if it's worth it. Because they are pretty pricey. On top of the initial cost, it's so expensive to buy all the cartridges or whatever they are called. And I don't know anyone who has one who could tell me if they love it or not. So if you get one, tell me what you think, and then I'll get one too. :) You are so lucky to have CS3!! Do you love it? I'm still learning all the tricks of PSE 6. Have you taken a class or anything, or just playing with it to learn?
ReplyDelete