Yesterday started when Luke woke up with a swollen, red, itching groin. He was having trouble walking, so I took him to see the doctor. The doctor thinks he got some chigger bites and had a pretty strong allergic reaction to them. So he put him on a steroid and an antibiotic. Poor Luke always gets weird things like this! I tried to pick up the prescription on the way home, but the doctor's office hadn't called it in yet. Annoying.
We came home and got ready to go swimming with some friends from church. (Luke stayed home and watched movies.) When I took Peter's diaper off to put on his swim stuff, he decided that it would be a good time to poop on the floor :). We had fun at the pool catching up with friends.
Ivy is doing music camp this week at another church friend's house. She goes for 2.5 hours each day. So after the pool and lunch, I dropped her and her friend off (the friend's mom just had a baby so I'm helping out with rides). Then I went to CVS again to get the prescription. They were out of one of them so I had to drive to two CVS locations. It was okay though because Peter was home napping and Luke and Violet were both at home too. So it was just me. But I do feel a little nervous leaving them for that long (like an hour). I actually have plenty of confidence in Violet being able to watch Peter, but I don't want the neighbors to see them home and me gone and then call CPS on me.
Anyway, I came home and tried to get Luke to take his meds. He has the biggest problem with that. He nearly gagged and threw up (something that happens about 30% of the time he has to take any) but it made it down. Good thing too because there were only two pills. One for yesterday and one for today.
Peter woke up from his nap and was running around playing while I tried to clean the kitchen. He pooped again but decided he needed to take his diaper off (first time he's done that). He did this in the living room where I couldn't see from the kitchen. Then he proceeded to sit on my couch with a nasty poop-covered bum. And it was blueberry poop too so it was all black. Yuck! That little stinker. Threw him in the bath and then wiped the cushion down with some sanitizing wipes and I just hope that there wasn't somewhere else he sat that I haven't discovered yet.
Then I picked up Ivy and her friend and brought them here to play. A neighbor girl came over to play too when she saw our fun crew of children. In between all these comings and goings I tried to practice with the older kids. Violet had a huge fit during piano practice and ended up having to sit at the piano bench for over an hour. (I told her she couldn't leave until she counted the rhythm of Liebestraum out loud for me. Meanest Mom ever!)
Fixed some potatoes, bruschetta, and cucumbers from our garden for dinner. Dan came home late so bedtime was late too. The routine always takes so long because we like the kids to help with the dishes after dinner, then scriptures, song, and prayer. And we have been reading The BFG with our kids before bedtime this week so we can go see the movie together in July. It is hilarious! I haven't read it since I was probably 9, so I don't remember much. Dan and I finally got the kids to bed and watched one episode of SHIELD together.
I still haven't finished unpacking from our trip and the house is a mess, as usual. Speaking of messy houses, Ivy's friend said to her, "My house is prettier than yours because yours has lots of junk on the floor." I'm trying not to be annoyed at her. And trying to get all the junk off my floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment