Sunday, November 29, 2015

Violet's Baptism

I practically missed a whole year of blogging! What happened?!

I'm not going to recap most of it because that will take too long. I'll put the important stuff in our family Christmas video and post it up here next month. What I do want to post about right now though is Violet's baptism. Violet was baptized on October 17th.

I guess I'm practically middle aged now that I have an 8-year-old!

Dan's parents and my mom flew out from Utah for it. And I have to post this picture because it is so cute. Peter loves loves loves his Grandpas.


My sister Bekah was visiting our brother Quincy in San Antonio and they drove up for the baptism too. With all of Q's family of course. Here's the crew, post-baptism:


Look at all those kids! 10 of the 15 grandkids were there. All the Texas ones :).


We were able to do a personal baptism for Violet. By that I mean a non-stake baptism. Which in my opinion, is 100x more special. When they do the big stake events with like 10 kids getting baptized it feels like a factory. Plus the people giving talks aren't even people you know usually. With a personal baptism there is the opportunity for your whole family to be involved. I'm going to try to do it this way with all of our kids' baptisms.


Here is the program I made (this was folded in half so this is the back and front):


And the inside:

Her cousin Joseph gave a talk on baptism which was really really excellent. Dan's parents couldn't get over how mature he is for his age!

Dan's mom gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. She also did a great job. Violet sang a song with her cousin Mary and her Aunt Bekah. I was playing the piano, otherwise I would have recorded it. It was so sweet, even though Violet was very very quiet :).


My mom made a beautiful white dress for Violet to wear after she was baptized. I initially was going to have Violet wear the dress I wore when I was baptized because my mom made that one too. Unfortunately we couldn't find it and decided it must have bit the dust after 8 girls wore it! So Mom volunteered to make a whole new dress. What a great Mom I have!

Violet with her Grandma Andelin and Grammy and Granddad Roberts


It was so wonderful to have extended family here for this special event in Violet's life. We are so glad she is a part of our family!



2 comments:

  1. Elise what beautiful pictures! I love that Joseph spoke at her baptism--that doesn't even surprise me, he's quite the kid. I just barely saw your kind comment on my blog and I can't tell you how much it means to me. I was sitting here looking at these pictures and thinking how much I love your two families! Makes me wish we lived in Texas too, so we can get in on all the fun! :)
    I'm so glad you're getting back in the "blogging world". I always love reading your witty and beautiful posts. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete