Saturday, May 31, 2014

March through April


Here I go with updates for the last two and a half months.


This one will be for the end of March through April.


At the end of March, our Lukey boo turned 4! He told us he wanted to go to Monkey Joe's instead of have a friend party.


He also wanted hamburgers for his birthday dinner. He likes his hamburgers very plain. Just a bun, cheese, and the meat. (Violet on the other hand likes just a bun, cheese, ketchup, mustard and NO meat.)


Luke doesn't really like cake but we talked him into a cheesecake. He liked it okay. He's always been really picky about desserts. Doesn't like chocolate, only a few kinds of cookies, no cakes or cupcakes, etc.


blowing out candles on his cheesecake


















Violet finished up her school year with Classical Conversations. Here is their photo from the last day of class. Her teacher was Mrs. Bolden and was wonderful!

We ordered a tree swing online and the kids absolutely love it! It works perfectly with our sloped yard.

The kids are enjoying sidewalk chalk.


Ivy still loves sleeping in our bed. Her head always nestles into our armpits and ends up smelling wonderful! :)

We went to Frog Fest right before the first session of conference. The kids looked at frogs and other reptiles and did some free activities.

Sadly, Luke was sick (tonsillitis), so we just put him in the stroller to sleep and hauled him around with us. 


Ivy is not afraid of snakes. 
I chopped  my hair off. And got some highlights. 


Luke told me he doesn't like it. :)

It makes for some super-awesome bed-head!

And here are the kids in their Easter outfits!

We got the flu at the end of April. It was misery. All of us got it except Dan. His immune system is incredible! This was also the time when I had to chase after Webster while in my pajamas and stocking feet without a bra on. Down a busy road. With the neighbor lady supervising. I wish dogs could just run around free.  



It wasn't pretty, I tell ya. That flu knocked us down flat for days. 
We recovered from the flu just in time for Luke to get his tonsils out. He was so brave going in! And even when he woke up he was really calm. The nurses were all amazed. He did start crying when they took out his IV and the drugs started wearing off. It was a rough few days for him after that. One funny thing that happened was that his pants got lost during his surgery. They said he could leave his pajama pants on under the robe, but then somehow they got taken off and lost. It took them like thirty minutes to track them down. I guess they had been sent to the laundry wrapped up in some linens.


We are all hoping that he will be healthier from now on!

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for an update! :) I miss your blog posts. First of all, your hair looks SO hot! I love it. Tyler always tells me he wishes my hair were long again. Something about little boys and long hair for their moms, I guess. I'm so sorry about the flu taking over for several days--that is always awful. That last picture of Luke makes me so sad! But I'm glad that he will not get so sick, so often. Hope you're feeling well, I know morning sickness is such a killer for you for many many months!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like Lindsay's comment is exactly what I was going to say. Ha! Ditto!

    ReplyDelete