Thursday, February 28, 2013

Hilton Head

At the end of January, we took a trip to Hilton Head Island. Dan's brother Ben and his wife Charlee were kind enough to invite us to stay with them in their time share dealio, and it was so fun to spend time with them! They live far away like everyone else in our families, so it was a treat to have them out on the East Coast for a few days.


B&C have a baby who is just a month older than Ivy. He is one of those go-getter babies who started walking at 8 months old or something! (Ivy just started crawling a couple weeks ago and we are proud of her, too. ;))

My favorite part of the vacation was the biking. Biking at Hilton Head, you ask? When there is a beach? Well, yes. It was a little cold for beach weather, but it was PERFECT biking weather. We rented bikes from our resort and they had all sorts of biking attachments and accessories for the children.

The two babies shared a bike trailer, pulled by Uncle Ben:

Luke rode in the back seat of my bike:


Violet rode this attachment that connected to Dan's bike, but that had a wheel and pedals for her! 
 It's a pull-along bike! She had a blast!
Stopping to watch the alligators. They just, like, roam around.
See me smiling? You just can't help but smile when you're riding a bike.

I didn't realize how much fun biking was...and now I keep wanting to buy all of us bikes! Well actually, Dan has one, and Violet and Luke have theirs, but I don't have one. So I guess it is just me who needs one :). And a baby seat or a pull-along bike would be helpful, too, since we won't have Ben with us all the time to cart Ivy around :).  Now to convince Dan to let me spend the money... And now I totally have the Queen song in my head..."I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike; I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride it where I like!" And now you're singing it too, right? You're welcome.

Besides biking, there was some beach time:



B&C and baby C



Starfish!


Some park time:


We thought this was the most hilarious thing to ever happen in a swing :)

The babies were less impressed...




Some good food:
Dan made that. No, I am not joking.
Eating at a local sea-food place:



Our group shot as we said goodbye:

Thanks to Ben and Charlee for a fantastic vacation!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh that trip looks amazing! I could use some beach time right about now! :) Gorgeous pictures! I love your cute family.

    ReplyDelete