Sunday, December 2, 2012

December is Here!

This year we will be spending Christmas by ourselves for the first time. We are excited to start some of our own traditions and make some great memories.

Yesterday we got our tree.

From Wal-Mart. We're ghetto like that. And frugal. $28 for a six-footer. I think it was a good deal.

I know one little boy who loves it already.

Guess what else? I made a wreath.

Took me ages and ages to wrap all that yarn. And I think I used the wrong kind of wreath form--it was straw, and thus kind of lumpy under just a layer of yarn. Apparently they have foam ones too. But it was fun and I think it is cute in an imperfect sort of way. Violet really really wanted me to put the berries on the top, sticking straight up. Luckily I talked her out of that.

We are also doing this Santa beard as our advent calendar.


What traditions are you doing for Christmas this year?

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tree! Isn't that way cheap for a 6 foot tree? Dang, I want a good Christmas tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute wreath and advent calendar! I love that we have a farmer's market type place that sells Christmas trees for $20. 4 foot to 7 foot or taller. Whatever size you want it's all just a flat price. We're close to the Oregon border and they get them somewhere from Oregon.

    The older your kids get I think Violet totally looks like Dan and Luke looks like you. (I'm sure you get that a lot) Not sure about Ivy yet.... but they're all adorable!

    ReplyDelete