Monday, September 27, 2010

First Day of School

Last First Day of School

First First Day of School
[Violet, Max, Hannah]

Today was Dan's first day of school of his last year of law school. It is crazy to think that we're nearly done.

Also, Violet started preschool today! Two of my friends and I are doing a little preschool co-op group Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I taught the lesson today and it was a blast. I've definitely got a lot to learn about how to keep the attention of three three-year-olds. We made some cool puppet men out of construction paper and cardboard and learned about our bodies. We also did the first couple pages in the Kumon My First Uppercase Letters book and practiced holding a pencil / crayon correctly. I'm excited to start in on the Explode the Code book in a few days, hopefully. 


We're kind of just winging it, but as long as the kids are happy I figure that's a good start!

3 comments:

  1. So exciting to think Dan will be DONE!! Hooray for you both!

    I love that you are teaching Violet's preschool! How fun! I hope to do that with Jocelyn next year so if you learn any tips along the way please share them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you took a picture. I love that their arms are linked. They make a good trio.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting for Dan and Violet. Will you guys be back in NYC next year? How are you guys planning your preschool lessons?

    ReplyDelete