This morning was one of his worst mornings of his entire short life for spitting up. He even gave me one right in the face. Yay! It ran into my hair and down my neck--front and back.
Even on normal, average days, he's quite the barfer. Our sheets are always particularly fragrant, which makes sleeping face down a bit challenging. Every time he barfs, Violet yells "SPIT UP!" like she is a town crier or something.
I feel like he spews up almost everything he drinks. Sometimes it is right after he eats, so it is still in milk form. Other times it is much later, so it is beautifully thick and nicely curdled. This is the yogurt variety. If he weren't pooping so much I'd be worried he wasn't getting enough to eat.
He usually gives me a silly grin after he throws up all over me. Almost like he's embarrassed.
I try to keep bibs on him constantly so he doesn't go through all his clothes in one day.
I wait as long as possible to shower and dress in the hopes that my clothes will last the rest of the day.
I'm always wondering to myself, Was it the broccoli I ate? or the chocolate? or the milk? Is there anything I can do to fix this? Is he eating too much at once? Is he drinking too fast?
According to the Mayo Clinic website, spitting up "tends to peak at age 4 months." Since he is 3 months and 3 weeks old, I really hope they are right.
I still consider myself lucky to get such an easy baby. He is still a great sleeper. And I would much rather be stinky than tired. Wouldn't you?
Here is my barfy, drooly, finger-sucking baby boy:
(Sometimes he gets his fingers caught in his glorious hair. And he can't figure out how to get them out, so he just pulls. Naturally, this distresses him. It makes me smile as I untangle those chubby fingers and tell him not to pull his own hair. What a cutie!)

Millie does the same thing with her hair. She gives me this look like, "Mom! Someone is pulling my hair! Help!"
ReplyDeleteI'd much rather they spit up right after eating than later, wouldn't you?
I cringed at the part about it running down your neck. I'll never complain about anything again. And in the face! Yikes.
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute picture.
De ja vu. (or how ever you spell it:) Miriam was exactly the same way- I've never seen someone spit up SO much. We did so much laundry- cause not only did she get herself, but her blankets, all of my clothes, and our bed. It was projectile too! Like a fire hose no joke. I could be sitting in the chair and it would launch across the whole room over 6 ft. easily, covering everything. FUN! But I finally figured that she was eating too much. I just had to stop her a little sooner than she thought (my milk came out REALLY fast)and that seemed to help. Good luck :)
ReplyDeleteTyler was my barfer, and yeah I hate the smell of it too. But you are right, he sure is a cutie. I always wanted my kids to suck their fingers, or a pacifier, or something other than food. 3rd time's a charm, right?
ReplyDeleteI can't get over his hair!! So fun. :)
At least he's adorable, right? I can't believe how much he looks like Violet in that picture! Sorry about the barf. That's the pits.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely a cutie!! If I had such nice soft hair, I'd want to put my fingers in it all the time, too.
ReplyDeleteAddie spit up like crazy too. Projectile. And she cried a ton. We found it was reflux bad enough to need medicine. Once she was on the medicine it was like night and day. No more constant crying, no more projectile spit up (regular spit up, but that's fine) and it was great!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie!! He is just adorable. I hope he starts to spit up less and less. Daphne is finally to the point where she doesn't spit up much. Just when she eats too much....and boy does she like to eat! But that is really nice he's a good sleeper! I'm with you there. I'd much rather smell than be tired!
ReplyDelete