This week we got our first acceptance notification for law school! Duke sent us an email (well, actually, they sent Dan an email) saying "You're In!" Hurrah! We're glad we have one law school so far that wants us, even if they're not our top choice. The other schools probably won't let us know for about another month or so.
On Wednesday, our family got to be a "live nativity" for Grandma Roberts' ward party. Violet did a great job as baby Jesus--she slept the whole time we were on stage. I didn't do the best job singing my solo (I ran out of breath on the last word), but it turned out all right.
Thursday we watched the movie "Amazing Grace." Very good film, I must say. One of those inspirational kinds. Friday night we went and picked up Dan's brother Ben from the airport. He's home for his vacation from law school out at George Washington University (in D.C.).
Saturday I did loads of Christmas shopping for a good portion of the day. I hate shopping on Saturdays because traffic is so awful, but it is the only day where Dan can watch Violet. She actually went with me in the morning, and then Dan watched her when I went again that afternoon. Oh yes--we also used our Starving Student Cards and got a free sandwich from Hickory Kist, which turns out to be probably the best sandwich place in Provo (rivals Kneader's). We'll probably visit there again soon to use our "buy one, get one free" deal (also from the Starving Student Card). You gotta love those Starving Student Cards.
Violet was so cute in church today that everyone wanted to hold her! It does make me slightly nervous when I don't really know the people we're sitting next to, but I figure if they're at church then they're probably not too dirty and at least slightly responsible :). Anyway, I haven't much else to say, and this next week will be very busy so I might not blog much, but TTFN :).
P.S. Tea Party 07: huge money bomb success! Ron Paul broke the record today for the most money donated to a candidate in 24 hours. Over 6 million! Hope for America still lives!
Has Dan gotten any more acceptance letters?
ReplyDeleteI liked Amazing Grace too. So good. We still need to watch North and South.
He hasn't gotten any more yet. Darn it. Hopefully this month sometime.
ReplyDelete