Well, Dan and I went to our 38 week appointment today (we're 38 weeks and 1 day). We got there five minutes early so we could hopefully get back in time for Dan's badminton class (did everyone else know that word had an "n" in the middle?), but it turned out to be our longest appointment so far. After finally getting called back after 30 minutes of waiting, our appointment began.
After doing routine measurements, weighings, and checking for baby's heartbeat, the midwife told us that I was only measuring 31 weeks along. Last week they recorded 34 weeks (I've been consistently 3-4 weeks small every time), so she was worried that I was apparently shrinking! Well, I guess she was mostly worried that baby seemed to not be growing anymore. So, she sent me back to get an ultrasound done, which entailed a lot more waiting until the technician was ready for us.
Fortunately, everything looked great on the sonogram--the baby is measuring in the 30th percentile, and they told us they only worry if she is around the 5th. I guess I just had a lot of empty space inside of my abdomen? Not so fortunately for me, the baby's head hasn't dropped yet, and it doesn't look like I'm going to have her any time soon (soon being within the next ten days). I only hope she doesn't go too long past her due date!
On a side note--poor Dan has hit an all-time low for his weight. Since we've gotten married he's lost 13 lbs! He was pretty depressed when he weighed himself today (he likes to weigh himself after I get weighed at my appointments) and told me that he hasn't been this light since 9th grade! My poor husband--I need to feed him more I guess :). Seems for every pound the baby or I gain, he loses one! I only wish that trend reverses itself after baby is born!
Lise and Dan! You two rock :) I am so excited for your "little Emily" :) Haha...and Dan, keep eating. ;)
ReplyDeleteHang in there Elise! Your belly is so cute! It it makes you feel any better, Lily was measuring around the 5th percentile, so they decided to take her two weeks early, and then we found out she was 6 lbs 6 oz. Not as small as they thought. I guess I had a lot of room in my abdomen too!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kristen! I was worried for a bit but I think everything looks good. I just want her to come out so I can meet her!
ReplyDeleteSo here I am....I'm commenting. Ya you really should feed your husband. Brienne is always telling me how skinny I am and if she's doing something wrong but then I just remind her how I haven't lost any weight, but I just don't have any fat on me. Good luck with the baby. I hope she comes soon....
ReplyDelete